1) Setting an intention
3) Daily Reflection / Journal
4) CO2 Tolerance Test
5) Breathing Mechanics – Nose and Diaphragm
Recap Day 2:
Reflection / Mindset
Continue with your daily gratitude and intention setting practice
Activity / Exercise
Take the CO2 Tolerance test – See scores below
Do the daily meditation below (Double X meditation)
Set an alarm timer to go off 3 times spread out throughout your day. Check in. How are you breathing?
If your doing this with a friend send them a text or give them a call to let them know you are done todays exercise.
Don’t forget to set your alarm for 3 check ins.
Complete Today’s Survey
CO2 Tolerance Test & Scores
HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE CO2 TOLERANCE TEST
- Take 4 full breaths, 1 breath every 5-10 seconds: a 3-5 second inhale, followed by a 5-10 second relaxed exhale, 1 second pause before beginning to inhale again.
- At the top of the 4th inhale (totally full), start a timer and exhale as slowly as possible. Stretch out the exhale for as long as possible. It’s helpful to close your eyes so that you can more effectively stay relaxed.
- Stop the timer when your air runs out, or you need to inhale.
HOW TO INTERPRET YOUR RESULTS
>80 seconds: Elite
Advanced pulmonary adaptation, excellent breathing control, excellent stress control
60-80 seconds: Advanced
Healthy pulmonary system, good breathing control, relatively good stress control
40-60 seconds: Intermediate
Generally improves quickly with focus on CO2 tolerance training
20-40 seconds: Average
Moderate to high stress/anxiety state, breathing mechanics need improvement
<20 seconds: Poor
Very high anxiety and stress sensitivity, mechanical restriction possible, poor pulmonary capacity